Above image via Local Milk
After weeks of thinking, and planning, and shopping, it's finally here — the Adventures in Fashion 2015 Holiday Gift Guide! Now you know I'm all about making life as simple as possible, so this year I've broken the guide down into three parts: Gifts for her, for him, and for the home. The latter can double up as hostess gift ideas or bits for your co-workers, so I hope it's somewhat helpful to you during this crazy time of the year. The items vary in terms of price points and should all be readily available, so without further ado, let's get to shopping! (And if you're one of those people who have long finished their holiday shopping, I tip my *very envious* hat to you).
The hardest gift guide, yet the most fun to put together, is always the one for her — sorry ladies, but we're just difficult to shop for. Whether you're looking for ideas for your girlfriend/wife, or just need to pick up a thing or two for your besties, here are some items she'll love to find under the tree (or in her stocking) this year:
1. DKNY TECH WALLET // Not only is this one sleek and super classic, but it's actually built to fit an iPhone 6 in it — perfect for the girl on the go!
2. MATTE NAIL POLISH // The perfect addition to any gift, nail polish is always a fun, uplifting item to receive (especially when it's matte!). These polishes from Urban Outfitters not only come in an amazing range of colours, but the gold detailing of the packaging makes them feel extra special.
3. AN OVERSIZED KNIT // Ladies love those cozy vibes during the holidays, and the knits at Brandy Melville are a sure-thing. Their on-trend, Italian made (who knew?!) and come in a one-size-fits-all cut, making gift giving all the more hassle-free.
4. JO MALONE FRAGRANCES // Because who wouldn't want to smell amazing like that?
5. BERG + BETTS WATCH // A classic timepiece that's not only sustainably made, but also incredibly affordable (and local!) makes for the perfect gift no matter what time of year it is.
6. MEJURI JEWELRY // This brand makes some of my most prized baubles, including my evil eye ring, which I love more than words... no exaggeration, I could not love a human baby more than I love that ring.
7. NAKED FASHION // This book is quickly changing the way I view at the entire fashion industry — it's a must read.
8. FUJIFILM INSTAX MINI 8 (WITH FILM) // The perfect gift for the girl who has everything.
9. DKNY POUF // And speaking of the girl that has everything, a faux fur key chain can be just the ticket.
9. BEAUTY BITS // New beauty products are the best, so I like to treat my friends to skincare and makeup bits every chance I get. Caudalie is one of my all-time favourite brands, and they have so many amazing sets this season, while Herbivore is a green-beauty loving girl's dream. And if you're looking for a little extra something to add to a gift, try Pinch's Minimergency Kit — it literally has everything she'll ever need while on the go.
When it comes to shopping for him, I find that an assortment of fun little bits always gets a good reaction. Whether it be clothing, a good book or anything to do with alcohol, shopping for him, in my experience, can be infinitely easier.
BOOK | TUMBLER | GIN MAKING KIT | GORMET SALTED CARAMELS (AVAILABLE AT LITTLE BRICK CAFE) | NOTEPAD | BEARD OIL | DANIEL WELLINGTON WATCH | HAPPY SOCKS | BELT | SUNGLASSES
And last but certainly not least, a few pretty bits for the home can make a perfect gift, especially the older we get (hey man, it's just a fact of life). The next time you're unsure what to bring to a dinner party, or have no clue what to give your Secret Santa at work, consider one of these — the mulling spices and Saje candle are my personal favourites!
ART PRINT | SAJE NATURAL SOY WAX CANDLE | SUCCULENT | CHEMEX COFFEEMAKER | MULLING SPICES | REIKO KANEKO MUGS | FIREFLY LIGHTS | FAUX SHEEPSKIN RUG | COPPER WINE OPENER
Photos by Adventures in Fashion